Routine repeat prescriptions can be ordered in the following ways:
- In person - hand your repeat slip in at reception having clearly marked the items required.
- Online - please ask at reception to register for our on-line services to access Emis Web online
- By local pharmacy - speak to your local pharmacist to register to use this service
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Requests for urgent prescriptions may be made by telephone and will be ready to be collected by 18:00 the same day.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, pharmacist, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.